Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dont get stuck..

..yep..that's right...
You see..ok, well, this might sound weird..and I dont know how this will turn out..its late..I'm feeling sick..and I need to go to bed..but, I just wanted to share something I've been thinking about..
Since I got up to Wisconsin..I've been realizing how I was stuck in this weekly routine..I was so involved and had my mind wrapped around everything going on..that is if I wasn't on robot mode...I worked everyday 8 or 9 to around 5 with both jobs(except sundays:)..and in the evenings, I either had one of two youth groups, awana, and good news sessions:)..but had a few evenings to catch up on some things..weeks just flew by..which turned into months..
I got to the point, where I didnt really want to go to NTBI anymore, cause so much was going on there, I was just plain comfortable. I know, one of my favorite sayings is,"Nothing great comes from being comfortable." And that's where I was, comfortable in my own lil town, and my own lil circle of friends...in a lil bubble. But, then, when I got up here, I woke up and realized how much more God has for me outside of my lil bubble. As I have mentioned before about how there are awkward relationships and how I'd rather go someplace new and have a clean slate..well, I have different thoughts on that now. That may sound better..that is my plan and how I would want it to turn out, and not Gods. And now, I am really excited to move up here and go to school mostly from talking to Kristyna and Kelly(DJ's sisters..it seems like I have known them forever..just its just been a couple years!) about school, the classes, and how great the teachers are..hehe!
I am going to miss everyone so much..sigh..its gonna be real, real tough..but I am really excited about moving up here now..its where God wants me to be..and'm excited to see what God has in store for me up here.
Another thing...I am officially accepted into NTBI Waukesha..the only thing that they were waiting for was a picture and my physical form(which I had both done..but just needed to send them in)..once I got here..and realized how much I wanted to go..and saw that this is what God has for me the next couple years..so I sent those things off..and they emailed me back right away and told me I was accepted and was going to get some things in the mail..how exciting! :)
Man..there were a few more things I wanted to add..thats what I get for doing it so late..I forget..or is that cause of my old age?! ;)
Now..all this happened pretty much before I heard the news that possibly..if all goes well...Maddie...remember her..she came to visit..and I said how I wasn't going to see her for two more years..well, she is coming to the states in a couple months..but anyway..like I was saying, if it all works out..she is planning on going to NTBI in Waukesha...this Fall believe it or not. This past year, we'd talk about colleges, and she wasnt sure..our original plan...when I was in like, 7th grade, we planned to go together. But, then, she wanted to go to a different college and just wasnt sure if she wanted to go to NTBI right off the bat..which was perfectly fine...and I accepted it and figured she wasnt going to go the same year. Then, a couple nights ago..I caught her online, and one of the first things she said to me was.."I just finished my application to NTBI." I was overjoyed! I mean, there is still a possibility that she might not go...but I'm praying she will be able to!!
Wow..ok..I need to go to bed..
..I'll see you all soon..very soon...two more days here...one full..21hours(if all goes well) drive back..and I'll see you guys again!
Tomorrow we are meeting up with Uncle Karl and Aunt Maribeth..friends from PNG..and from the NTM training..I've known them since 3rd grade..so that will be a lot of fun!
well, goodnight my dear friends..I love you! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it sure is true that nothing much comes from being comfortable. I've had to learn that so many times, but I keep going back because it's... well... it's comfortable.... ; )

I'm so glad that you are looking forward to going to NTBI! I'll miss you so much!!! And I know it won't be easy for you to leave home, but if that is what God has for you, then that is what you have to do! I know He has GREAT things planned for you!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful Easter day with your family!

Love, Hannah Marie

Katrina A. said...

Hey Megan,

Yeah I know how it is to get so comfortable that you just don't want to have anything change. I think that it is wonderful that you realized that God has something more for you then what you've already got. When you think about it it's actaully really exciting that his plan for you never actually stops, it just keeps growing and becomes bigger and better. I love you so much Megan and can't wait to see you when you get back!