Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I put on my mexico shirt today..

why? cause today is the first day the team will be in Mexico:]
sigh. I don't even know what to write. It's been a hard couple weeks. I am having mixed emotions. The team is there..they made it. It's just so weird..why am I not there..why am I way up here..in Washington..when they are all down in Mexico..at this very minute..all the people I love, in one of the places I love the most. Don't get me wrong..I love all the people in Washington and Montana..but..its just, I learnt so much there..the relationships you build while there are amazing..
I miss the Mexicans..
I miss the drive back to the ranch while Monte drives..
I miss the dryness..
I miss the missionaries..
I miss the time spend with the team..and the closeness you get with everyone..
I miss the brickyard..
I miss the food..
I miss the orphanage..
I miss the mountains..
I miss the rain..
I miss the swing set..
I miss the sunrises and sunsets..
I miss city..
I even miss Polly..the annoying, barking chihuahua that lived next door..
and even the cockroaches..which you knew were near once you heard the shriek of a girls voice followed by the pounding of a flip flop against the cool tile floor trying to kill it!
I miss it all!
The list could honestly go on and on.
I am so overjoyed for the team tho..they get to experience all that..I just wish I was there to experience it with them..
but I know..God's will is PERFECT! and there is a reason why they went and some stayed..
I am so glad Hannah got to go..:] for the third time..how great is that! :]
I just can't stop smiling...I am sooo happy for them!
And..they are updating the blog daily..check it out..I know I'm going to be checking it every evening:)
And I am going to go to a few Mexican restaurants while they are down there..just so I can somewhat join in on the fun..and remember all I learnt and experienced there..and we got some good Mexican places up here..:]
Oh..also..a couple of the team members said they wanted something to take along on the trip that would represent me..seeing I couldn't go..we thought and thought...some mentioned a life size picture of me..but I immediately said no to that. But we agreed to a bobble head turtle, one I got from Mexico last year:] So, Megan the Turtle has made it their safely..that I know of..Bastian is taking care of her..I'm hoping she doesn't come back with a broken neck..or even get lost:]
well..its late..and I must get going..I need to wake up somewhat early..going to babysit my three lil cousin in the morning:]

love you all!

p.s..amber, dj, and jaylea get here in a little over a day..I am soo excited:] I cant wait to see them...ahhh:]

ohh..p.s.s..;] I am allergic to bee stings..and you guessed it..I got stung..two days ago..and can you believe it..its gotten worse..swollen, red, hurting, and itching. That's what going on with my ankle at the moment. Ahh...and the swelling is spreading around my ankle and up the leg..if you could pray it get better and not infected..that'd be grreat!!! :]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Megan! Remember the bee at the restaurant the first year in Mexico. Shane (wasn't he the one?) trapped it under a glass, and then you told us you were allergic? Ha ha! We had a fine time of releasing it! ;)

I know just how you feel: sad, but overwhelmingly happy at the same time. God's will is perfect, but it's certainly not always comfortable. But you know, I think that's good for us.
I certainly don't miss those chihuahuas - they always tried to bite my ankles, remember? I'd have to run as fast as I could out of our dorm to escape their jaws!

Prayers for your ankle and your heart!
<3

Jenna Lyn said...

Oh Megan I love you so much! My heart gets sad when I think about how you must be feeling about Mexico right now. I'm so sorry that you had to miss out. I'm sure I have no idea how much it all means to you. I can't possibly understand how you could miss annoying little ankle-nipping dogs, but hey, I guess I just don't understand the whole experience. :) I'm so glad you wrote this post... I feel so disconnected from you. :( I'm praying for you DAILY with all my heart! I love you girl!

Also, Megan I am soooo sorry about the bee sting! I haven't been on facebook recently, so I didn't hear about it, but it has been mentioned SEVERAL times around here about your terrible sting. I'll definitely be praying for your ankle as well!